Friday, December 5, 2008

Salman used to like Lacoste striped rugby shirts, hence...

OK, so before this became a feature in Skateboarder, here's how it went: sometime last year I was interviewing Salman Agah for a French mag and we were talking about his old camel graphics board, kind of nerding around, why the stripes and why the camel and this and that. It made me think how pros have sometimes good anecdotes about some of their own pro-models. Driving back from his place, I also remembered the stash of boards that Sean Cliver had under his bed when I met him in 2001...
Most of these dudes must have such graphic treasures buried somewhere in their houses, I thought.
Maybe people would be interested in seeing them again (for those born before 1980), or floored to discover that once upon a time, a skateboard bottom displayed something else than just a huge, unimaginative, boring logo, but actual ARTWORK. You know, silk screens and stuff. Hence the triple or quadruple pun of this blog's title, sorry. I hope you'll enjoy it despite this flagrant display of French jeu-de-mot-ness.

No comments: